Friday, August 26, 2011

A Coffee Day

Days like today, I just want a cup of coffee to sip on...all day.
Something like this would be oh so yummy.

We are battling colds, sore throats and ear infections. And, I am SO ready for our home to be free of sickness! It's amazing how being sick totally wipes me of all my energy! But, rainy days should be days where mommies get a break. A day to just sit, sip coffee and snuggle up with a good book and one of these super comfy looking blankets:)



But, back to reality...Looks like that will not be the case today as I have two beautiful babies to care for and love on unconditionally. Motherhood is something I am still learning so much about...and not a day goes by I don't struggle with selfishness. Motherhood is about self-sacrificing...putting our children before ourselves - making them our priority. Kind of reminds me of this scripture:



9 “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit - fruit that will last - and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. 17 This is my command: Love each other.”
John 15:9-17


Father, 
May I remain in Your love...May I desire to follow Your written Word...I seek joy, true joy in You...joy that spills over into my family...a joy that only comes from knowing you.
May each day be a total surrender to You...to my husband...to my girls. May I truly learn how to lay down my life for my family.
You chose me...may I never forget that.
May my fruit be fruit that will last...fruit that will lead others to You...that they may "taste and see Your goodness."
And lastly, to love...simply love.
In Him,

Christy


No comments: