Wednesday, October 19, 2011

More Fall Decorations

It seems like our days have been crazy; which, I guess is pretty normal for our household!  But, I've been wanting to decorate for fall and wanted to have some fun projects to do with Elisea.  She loves "helping Mommy" and loves anything crafty.  So painting pumpkins and gourds is what we did!  And, it was a lot of fun...perfect for a morning while lil' sis was napping.  And, I love how budget friendly of a project it was!
 Michael's had their pumpkins and gourds 50% off, so I got both bags for $5 each. Paint and paint brushes were under $5 total, and the gloss spray paint was around $5 with a 40% off coupon I printed before heading into the store. After painting, I still had lots of the paint and glaze leftover for future projects, along with the sponge brushes. I'm having to build up my craft supplies! 

Our paint choices.

"Look, Mom"! She loved painting, and I loved watching her paint! And, yes, those are Christmas pj's in October! 

 She concentrates so hard! I love her little hands and delicate touches with the paint brush! 

After painting the pumpkins and gourds and letting them dry, we took them outside and gave them a spray with this glaze finish.  And, it dried super-quick.

 Glazed pumpkins and gourds.

 Pretty cute, I must say!


 Added some acorns.



 
I picked up this pumpkin at Michael's for $1. Just added some acorns I had collected from my parent's home. The little stand was a Goodwill find.
 A fun project for some fun fall decor.  Once again, happy fall to all!

"Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting
and autumn a mosaic of them all."
-   Stanley Horowitz

2 comments:

elaine said...

love this. and Elisea. precious moments. and p.s. I think Christmas PJs should be worn all year round. I wear mine all year round!!!

Christy said...

thanks, friend. that they are! and p.s. they were worn year round in our house until we moved to the coast! but, enjoying the days now where we can wear them! :)