Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Fun on the Farm

Last week, the girls and I headed up to my parents while Aaron was in Israel with a group of pastors.  It is always SO refreshing to escape to the country...my home for 18 straight years!  It definitely helped pass the time while he was away, too! When I'm there I always like to take the camera and escape through the lens...taking pictures of the beauty that is there.  The girls love it at Nana and Granddaddy's...cows, goats, chickens, cats, Heidi (black lab)...Christmas trees, wide-open fields, a Gator, tractors...you name it and they love it!  We are so blessed...
I spy Elisea and Julia! I love how they look so little compared to everything else!

Favorite book to read with Nana!

These are few and far between...Elisea, smiling and looking at the camera!

Dad hard at work...

Used to be the generator house.

The girls love to ring the bell.


Is there any other than John Deere? :) Not in this family!



Farm girl.

Amazed by the cows.

Weird to some I know...but, loved the contrast in colors and the shape.

Nature is so beautiful.

I love how little she looks in relation to the silo.


Moooo

Elisea loves checking for eggs with Nana.

The old milk barn.


Julia LOVES riding the gator.

I love how they are looking at each other.

Sorghum seeds - turned into a sorghum treat for the birds.

Christmas trees.

The old homeplace. Used to be my Great-Grandparents home.

Leyland Cyprus Christmas trees.

A soon to be garden.

Beautiful skies.

And, a beautiful week on the farm. Thanks, Mom and Dad!


2 comments:

Barbie Harwell said...

I love your parents place too! And so do my kids! We are very thankful that they open it up every year for all to enjoy!!!

Christy said...

Thank you, Barbie! You are sweet!! They are working hard and loving it, too! So glad you guys have been out to enjoy it!!